We knew we could count on YOU(th)!
CAAP’s Teen Grantmaking Initiative (TGI) recently participated in a national online fundraising competition against 128 nonprofits that serve youth. Microsoft provided matching funds through their YouthSpark initiative, which is designed to empower young people through education, employment and entrepreneurship opportunities.
Thanks to community support and the match from Microsoft, TGI raised more than $70,000 that will go toward:
- the teen’s grantmaking fund, which will support Detroit-area education and health nonprofits in 2013,
- expanding the program to New York,
- TGI’s participation at National Arab American Service Day,
- creating a youth-led video documentary of the program,
- and sending TGI to the Council of Michigan Foundation’s Summer Youth Leadership Conference, held every year for youth grantmaking groups from around Michigan.
Thank you to all our donors for supporting Arab American youth philanthropy! You can read more about the challenge and view a special TGI feature on Microsoft’s website.
Center for Arab American Philanthropy
2651 Saulino Ct.
Dearborn, MI 48120