Dalia Association drives “momentum for philanthropy”
The Dalia Association, Palestine’s first community foundation, has put out an open call for stories of Palestinian giving affecting real world change. The competition, “Momentum for Philanthropy,” encourages submissions of songs, poems, stories, photographs or videos, and the contest rules are as follows:
- Research real examples of Palestinians anywhere in the world who are giving back to their community. Giving can mean contributing financial resources, volunteerism, participating in organized philanthropic work, and more. Document the example in a story of 1,500 words or less, a video up to 3 minutes long, a poem, song or photo essay.
- Upload your examples to the Dalia Association contest site before the deadline of July 25, 2012. You may submit as many examples as you would like, but please submit each as a separate entry.
- Dalia Association will post qualifying entries on the competition blog and will promote their visibility through traditional and social media, and community organizing.
- A volunteer committee of youth activists will select winning entries in each category based on the inspiration of the example. Creativity and professionalism of the presentation are also considered. One grand prize will also be awarded, half of which will go to a youth organization of your choice.
- The winning applicants are informed and recognized at an exclusive awards ceremony in Ramallah in August, 2012.
- Dalia Association continues to disseminate winning and non-winning entries as part of its ongoing efforts to institutionalize and recognize Palestinian philanthropy around the globe.
We encourage you to think about entering the contest. Big ideas create big change! After all, CAAP was founded by a Palestinian immigrant to the United States, Maha Freij! For more information about the competition, please visit the Dalia Association’s website.
- Travel philanthropy series - Palestine tour offers dose of “reality” (Philanthropy in AAction)
Photo courtesy Razan Ghazzawi
Center for Arab American Philanthropy
2651 Saulino Ct.
Dearborn, MI 48120